upcoming events

in the next two weeks:

see all upcoming events

announcements

Do you have old cell phones or used ink cartridges and want to recycle them? Contact Liz Fossett.

dems poll

Unfortunately our poll cannot be displayed on this page.

georgetown dems blog

read the rest of the blog

alumni

Are you a Georgetown Dems alum? We'd love to hear what you're doing now!

subscribe to our mailing list

mailing list archive

blog

I'd like to call your attention to The Thirteen Scariest People in America (Old Trout Magazine). The humor (and scariness) is just what we all need before Halloween.

The list includes:

* Scariest Presidential Candidate: Sam Brownback / Senator (R-Kansas)

* Scariest Judge: Edith Hollan Jones / Chief Justice of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit

* Scariest Proselytizer: Rev. Rick Warren / Author of The Purpose Driven Life
(Tied with Brownback on my list, let me tell you -- this man penetrates even into prisons, and reading his book with my inmate tutee made my eyes pop out a number of times. Of course, I couldn't say anything apart from trying to convince him that Narcotics Anonymous really was a much better text on which to formulate a new worldview -- you know, "I am an addict and I'm responsible", as oppposed to "God made me just the way I am, and my harmful inclinations were part of His Plan.")

* Scariest Cop: Joe Arpaio / Sheriff, Maricopa County, AZ

* Scariest Drug Dealer: Billy Tauzin / CEO, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America

* Scariest Academic: Kevin MacDonald / Professor of Psychology, California State University at Long Beach

* Scariest Insurer: Edward M. Liddy / CEO, Allstate

1 comments:

Or said...

Yes! Joe Arpaio! That's some Arizona pride right there. He was rumored to be running for governor for awhile... that would have been fun.